Wednesday 8 March 2017

Dumbstruck!


On any subject in the universe,
Countless hands could write
Tomes no library would hold
Through innumerable tongues,
Discuss matters endless
And for ever, it seems
And with bodies beyond count,
Play dramas most intricate,
Dream dreams never ending.
So play must I
In my sojourn on earth
All my allotted roles.
Man, the son, the parent,
Husband, lover, friend;
Citizen, casual acquaintance!
My eyes can see,
Ears hear,
And the tongue can go
Blah blah blah!
Yet try as best as I can
To say what alone matters,
Struck dumb am I!
For attention looks within
And finds no word
For thoughts have vanished,
Mind so still
On the mattress of infinite rest,
In the home of living silence
Formless mansion of peace,
There is just being!

Comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...