Wednesday 8 March 2017

A fleeting dream!

From Samadhi I awake
Suffocating in my cocoon
What entrancing light
Strange, interesting sounds
Adventure in the air!

I squirm, I struggle
Break through the shell
Enter the world
Spread my growing wings!

The sun so warm
The breeze hardens my wings
Unthinking in wonder
I take the first step
I fall, I fly!

Oh how wondrous
The bewitching flowers
Divinely fragrant
Ambrosia full!

Sipping the nectar
I am in heaven
Slave to this world
So many attractions
Blooms everywhere!

I flit, I dance
I twist, I turn
Drink my fill
Ecstasy my being
And there I see
Lo! My handsome!

Now a duet
The joy of one
In bodies two
The song of heaven!

Soon I perch
On velvety leaf tender
Lay a pearl
My life’s egg
Then another, and again!
I forget myself
Till more, there are none!

Suddenly a bat
A bite on my wing
The edge breaks off
A lucky escape!

Tired am I
Weary and torn
Battered and worn
The world calls me no more
No desire left in me
No wanderlust
Nor even a dream!

Content am I
My heart is at peace
My last burst of strength
Finds me a leaf
A place of rest
Back to slumber
My home of peace!



Comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...