Thursday 9 March 2017

Green fingers?


Gaily festooned with bulbs of love
Lovingly, she beckons me, says,
Come, pluck my luscious fruit
Peel it, juice it, drink it
Or just bite in
The juice running down your chin
Slake thy summer thirst
Detox thy blood
And be refreshed and gay
With all the fragrance of my love
Pray in earnest to thee, doth I
Fling not the pips away
For with love great and care
Have I packed my life inside
A life I gathered drop by drop
From the blessed sun and the sod
In hope earnest, one day
Perchance, a few of my seeds
May find their lucky way
From thy gentle fingers to earth
To sprout and to grow
To give thee shade so cool
And an abundance of fruit
For thee and thine own
Let my children make thy day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...