Monday 31 July 2017

My heartbeats bloom for thee!


My gentle gardener, my friend,
With hands deft and strong,
Thou mixed sand, earth and compost,
Filled pot ‘most up to the brim.

From where I was lying a-wait,
I saw thee shake the pot,
And tap it gently on the floor,
Oh, perhaps, a home for me?

Yea! Thou didst pick me up, a tuber,
And pushed me in, pressed just right,
To keep me tight,
In my dark and cozy new home!

Cool water descended, nectar sweet,
As I drank my fill, my joy burst forth,
Spread roots through the soil,
And colorful leaves in the sky.

Daily, waited, watched, did I,
As thou didst approach, my love!
Watering can in hand, a wary eye for insects,
Thou bathed me in showers of thine love!

Morn after morn, thou and I,
We bathed in the warmth of the sun,
Gazing at each other, celebrating our joy,
Our hearts beating in love as one!

As my love grew and grew,
Buds burst forth from my bosom,
And my heartbeats bloomed for thee!
Yea! Dearest, they bloomed just for thee!

1 comment:

  1. smell of fresh leaves and mud and flowers oozing through lines..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...